Running is a highly demanding activity that generates significant forces that your body needs to manage. Without proper absorption and dissipation of forces, the repetitive nature of running can result in reduced performance and even overuse injuries. There is no specific method that is right for every runner but is right for your body type and running goals. Even the best athletes need a coach to improve performance. Our individualized running evaluation and specific coaching plan can address your potential issues of pain with running, specific impairments in strength or mobility, footwear, running program design and your running style.
Learn ways you can improve your running mechanics to improve your performance and reduce your risk for injury. You will also learn parameters around proper training dosage, cross training and recovery. PT Motion Lab focuses on optimizing both your hardware [joint mobility, flexibility and muscle strength] and software [symmetry of motor patterns, ground reaction forces and balance], as deficits in either area can prevent optimal performance.
What will you walk away with after your evaluation & follow up visit
- First testing day: Running Analysis based on DorsaVi (control K) computerized sensors for running analysis and report (emailed to you)
- 1-2 running specific exercises and/or recommendations based on brief analysis of testing.
- Follow up Visit:
- Running Report: In-depth Running Report that includes: snapshots of video analysis that show optimal performance (green), areas for performance improvement (yellow), and where you be may be regressing or at risk for missing time running (red)
- Exercises: Individualized exercises to enhance your running performance
- Training plan: specific to your running goals
- Shoe wear: knowledge
Who needs a running analysis?
- The recreational or competitive runner experiencing reduced performance or pain during running
- The motivated runner looking to improve their performance
- The recovering athlete with a recent injury or surgery that requires a specific analysis of deficit preventing a safe return to running
Why complete a running analysis?
- To clear intrinsic factors negatively impacting performance or increasing
- To identify potential running-related movement impairments
- To improve running efficiency
- To learn and develop an optimized and individualized running pattern
Slow it Down – Hardware Analysis
- Joint and neural mobility testing
- Muscle and connective flexibility testing
Speed it Up – Software Analyses
- Motion analysis sensors/software to objectively measure coordination, balance, symmetry, cadence, and stride length with DorsiVi movement capture sensors and software analysis
- Knowledge of training, recovery and nutrition
- Evaluation (1 Hour): $200.00
- Follow Up Visits (45 Min): $150.00 (follow up visits highly recommended to turn your assessment into actionable steps to improve your performance).
Schedule or questions:
MTI PT Edmonds: Email Alison Gillespie: email@example.com
MTI PT Bellevue: Email Robin McGuire: firstname.lastname@example.org