Running is a highly demanding activity that generates significant forces that your body needs to manage. Without proper absorption and dissipation of forces, the repetitive nature of running can result in reduced performance and even overuse injuries. There is no specific method that is right for every runner but is right for your body type and running goals. Even the best athletes need a coach to improve performance. Our individualized running evaluation and specific coaching will address your potential issues of pain with running, specific impairments in strength and mobility, footwear, and running training program.
Learn ways you can improve your running mechanics to improve your performance and reduce your risk for injury. You will also learn parameters around proper training dosage, cross training and recovery. PT Motion Lab focuses on optimizing both your hardware [joint mobility, muscle strength] and software [motor patterns and balance], as deficits in either area can prevent optimal performance.
Slow it Down – Hardware Analysis
- Joint and neural mobility testing
- Muscle and connective tissue flexibility testing
- Strength, endurance and coordination testing
Speed it Up – Software Analyses
- DorsaVi motion analysis sensors/software to objectively measure ground reaction forces, symmetry and cadence.
- Running video analysis to include various speeds and shoe ware.
Who needs a running analysis?
- The competitive runner wanting to gain an edge or runners experiencing reduced performance or pain during running.
- The recreational runner looking to improve their running mechanics and performance.
- The recovering athlete with a recent injury or surgery to assure a safe return to running.
Why complete a running analysis?
- To identify your strengths and what you are doing well
- To discover and address factors such as decreased strength, dynamic balance and mobility issues impacting performance
- To identify potential running-related movement impairments that impact your performance
- To learn and develop an efficient, individualized running style
What will you walk away with after your evaluation & follow up visit
- Running Evaluation (1 Hour)
- Follow up Visit:
- Running Report: In-depth Running Report that includes: snapshots of video analysis that show optimal performance (green), areas for performance improvement (yellow), and where you be may be regressing or at risk for missing time running (red)
- Exercises: Individualized exercises to enhance your running performance
- Training plan: specific to your running goals
- Shoe wear: knowledge
- Evaluation (1 Hour): $250.00
- Follow Up Visits (45 Min): $150.00 (follow up visits highly recommended to turn your assessment into actionable steps to improve your performance).
Schedule or questions: